ALMONT — Online Registration for Orchard Primary School’s 2023-2024 Kindergarten/Young 5’s Round Up begins February 13. Please visit almontschools.org and click on the Kindergarten Round-Up Link on the homepage.
• Watch the Welcome to OP Slideshow
• Complete the initial online registration
• Sign up for your child’s Screening Appointment (Screenings will be held on April 12 and 13)
• A Learning Bag with fun learning activities and supplies will be handed out at your screening appointment
• Lapeer County Health Department Vision and Hearing screenings will take place at your child’s screening appointment as well. In order for children to enter school in the fall, they must have their required immunizations and had a vision screening within 6 months prior to the start of school. A hearing screening is strongly recommended.
Please plan to bring the following required documents to your screening appointment:
• Original Birth Certificate
• Immunization Records
• Proof of Residency (i.e. tax or utility bill)
• Valid driver’s license
We are offering full-day Young 5’s program in the 2023-24 school year in addition to our regular full-day kindergarten program. Placement in the Young 5’s program will be determined by date of birth, assessment results, and student need. Both programs are full-day programs, five days per week. Children who are 5 years old by Sept. 1, 2023 (or not later than Dec. 1, 2023 with an approved waiver) are eligible to enroll. The waiver with the pertinent information is included under the Kindergarten Round-Up tab.