Dr. Charles W. Renshaw, 92, of Auburn Hills, MI passed away on January 6, 2020. He was born on April 13, 1927 to Frank and Faye (nee Durkee) Renshaw and he was raised on the Lapeer County dairy farm.
Charles went on to graduate from Michigan State University in 1955, earning his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. While at MSU, he was a member of the Livestock Judging Team from 1950-1951 and a member of Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity. Charles established his veterinary clinic in 1955 and he practiced in Imlay City for 30 years until his retirement in 1985. He was an Honor Roll member of AVMA, life member of Michigan VMA, past president of Thumb VA, member and past president of Eastern Michigan Fair Board, director of Security Bank Northeast for 23 years, and former member of Lost Lake Woods Club and Hope Lutheran Church. Charles became a member of St. John Lutheran, Rochester, after moving to Heritage in the
He was preceded in death by his wife, Carole Schultz, whom he married in 1951.
He is survived by his children, Craig (Juanita) of San Antonio, TX, Clare (Debbie) of Fenton, MI, and Christine (Jeffrey) of Rochester, MI; and his five grandchildren.
A memorial service was held on Friday, January 17, 2020 at St. John Lutheran Church, 1011 W. University Dr., Rochester, MI.
Memorial contributions in Charles’ memory may be made to Hope Lutheran Building Trust, 5462 Nicholson Hill Rd., Hubbard Lake, MI 49747 or the MSU College of Veterinary Medicine, 535 Chestnut Road, Room 300, East Lansing, MI 48824. www.pixleyfh.com