At around 11:15 a.m. on Monday (Dec. 23), Imlay CIty firefighters were called out to a broken gas main at the site of their new fire hall on E. Borland Rd. Fire Chief Rick Horton said a worker struck a main underground line, resulting in the release of natural gas until representatives from Consumers Power arrived to shut off the gas.

Tom Wearing started at the Tri-City Times in 1989, covering the Village of Capac as a beat reporter. He later served stints as assistant editor and editor. Today, he covers Imlay City and Almont as a staff writer. He enjoys music and plays drums and sings with various musical groups in the Detroit Metropolitan area.